The Committee set out immediately to find a suitable location. On July 29, 1913, a special meeting was held at the YMCA. The board of directors voted to authorize the purchase of the site recommended upon Crescent Lake, for a sum of approximately $1,800. During the first few years, the camp was used in primitive fashion by groups of boys and young men of the YMCA association, who pitched tents on the shores of the lake and spent short periods fishing, swimming, hiking through the woods and working several hours each day clearing the underbrush and developing the property. Twelve boys attended camp the first year. From that time, the camp developed rapidly through the tent stage with limited facilities to a camp with screened wooden cabins, a dining hall, tennis courts and other equipment. A capital expenditure improvement was completed in 1973, which included a new bath and shower building, as well as a new camper cabin and the lagoon systems built by the Army Corps of Engineers. Later, in 1989, the CIT building (better know as”Peeps Place”) was added. Camp Mi-Te-Na saw one of its biggest years in 1999 when Camp DeWitt offered us their recreation building. This building had to be moved over to Camp Mi-Te-Na in pieces and reconstructed. Thanks to the leadership of John Howe and Hal Jordan along with the initial lead gift of $100,000 from the Cogswell Trust, alumni, and friends of Camp Mi-Te-Na the campaign to make this happen was a success. The campaign raised over $230,000 to move the lodge to Camp Mi-Te-Na as a new recreational lodge and an additional building known as “Alumni Hall.” The Kevin Ian Charbonneau Memorial Basketball and Tennis Courts were added in 1992 with capital campaign funds, along with additional funding given in Kevin Charbonneau’s name.